Escape from Vegland
You've fallen and found yourself in Vegland! Make your way out!
|Gameboy||Keyboard||Xbox Controller||Playstation Controller|
|D-Pad||WASD or Arrow Keys||D-Pad or Left analog stick||D-Pad or Left analog stick|
|A||Z or J||A or R1||Cross or R1|
|B||X or K||B or L1||Circle or L1|
|Start||Spacebar or Enter||Menu (Start)||Options|
- Tiles use 4 colors, sprites use 3 colors + transparency
- Whole game uses the Kirokaze Gameboy color palette
- Each sound (including music) were made using gameboy sound hardware emulation to ensure authentic sound (for this I've used the PAPU vst plugin). Each sound uses the 2 square and 1 noise channels (wave channel was not used because the PAPU plugin doesn't provide it). However, overlapping sounds don't interrupt each other.
- No scaling or rotation of sprites.
- Godot Engine 3.5 with GDScript
- Gimp and Aseprite for graphics
- Ableton Live, PAPU vst plugin and Audacity for sound and music
- Kirokaze Gameboy color palette from Lospec
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Android, HTML5|
|Made with||GIMP, Godot, Aseprite|
|Tags||2D, 8-Bit, Arcade, chiptune, Game Boy, Pixel Art, Retro, Short, Side Scroller, Speedrun|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Smartphone, Playstation controller|
|Links||Twitter, Soundtrack, Twitch|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Nice game man! Music is also cool, GB vibe. Cover photo really forced me to click on your game and play it.
Thanks! I really spent some time on the cover art, and had to learn a thing or two since I'm not a pixel artist. I think it was worth spending that effort!
Fun game my man.